LSC Cruiser Lift Out and Winter Dinghy Berthing
Published 14:25 on 17 Sep 2020
URGENT NOTICE ! Cruiser lift out and Winter Dinghy Berthing
Due to the 'Rule of 6' introduced by the government this week, the fact that the Covid19 infection rate appears to be accelerating significantly and the risk of further lockdowns preventing boats from being hoisted out, the Covid19 team and berthing and mooring team have devised the following strategy.
- 1.Lift out will need to be conducted over an extended period to facilitate social distancing. Lift out was planned for the 15 th to the 18th of October. It will now start with immediate effect and continue until completion.
- 2.To enable lift-out, dinghies will need to be moved from their summer berths to their winter berths. (Area C to Area D) on or before Sunday the 4 th October.
- 3.Due to the 'Rule of 6' and social distancing, we cannot operate the usual dinghy moving working party, please move your own dinghies within the give time frame.
- 4.Earlier lift outs will require the co-operation of members and we thank you in advance for your support at this time.
- 5.Cruiser lift out is commencing with immediate effect, and will be the reverse of lift in, i.e. Boats are to dry out on the slip, then moved with a small lift-out team. (One tractor driver and one hoist operator).
- 6.Please wear face coverings when approached by the lift out team.
- 7.In general, this will be limited to around 4 to 5 boats per day. To arrange lift-out contact Nigel Catling or Ray Watterson.
Last updated 14:31 on 17 September 2020